TREC Qualifying Education Provider #700
TREC Continuing Education Provider #580
At Real Estate Training Systems (RETS) we are dedicated to giving you the tools that you need to succeed in your endeavor to becoming licensed in the home inspector industry. RETS not only offers qualifying home inspection education and training needed by individuals entering the real estate home inspection industry, but we also offer the required continuing education courses that are needed to maintain your home inspector license.
All RETS home inspector courses are based upon the Texas Standards of Practice required for inspectors in Texas and National codes applicable in all areas. Having a strong basis in code references, our courses allow the home inspector to rely upon documentation instead of mere opinion.
Senior Technical Instructor
Don is a co-founder of Real Estate Training Systems, LLC and has taught home inspector core and continuing education training courses throughout Texas. Don is also the owner of Stafford Home Inspections, and has performed over 12,000 inspections in his still active home inspection career. With over 30+ years of experience in the home inspection and home construction industry, Don brings technical knowledge and practical know-how to his courses.
Don has personally trained and offered one on one hands on training to over 120 new inspectors in the real estate inspection industry.
Don is licensed by and holds membership in the following:
- Texas Real Estate Commission Professional Inspector #737
- Structural Pest Control Board #36169
- International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwelling International Code Council (ICC) #5230316
- TAREI – Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors
- ASHI – American Society of Home Inspectors
Senior Technical Instructor
Brian is a co-founder of Real Estate Training Systems, LLC and has taught inspector qualifying and continuing education training courses throughout Texas.
Brain is also the owner of a multi-inspector company “A-Action Realty Inspection Services” and has performed over 7,000 inspections in his still active home inspection career. With 24+ years of experience in the home inspection and home construction industry, Brian brings technical knowledge and practical know-how to his courses.
Brian is licensed by and holds membership in the following:
- Certified Code Inspector – ICC #5186355-R5 International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwelling
- Certified Residential Electrical Inspector ICC #5186355-E1
- Licensed Professional Real Estate Inspector #3948 (Texas Real Estate Commission)
- Licensed Certified Applicator (Texas Structural Pest Control Board) In Pest & Wood Destroying Insect Treatment and Inspections – SPCS #11260
- Member of International Code Council (ICC)
- Certified Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS) & Stucco Third Party Inspector – Exterior Design Institute (EDI)
- Certified Third Party Moisture Analysis Inspector – Exterior Design Institute (EDI)
- Member of Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors (TAREI)
- 2005 President of the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors (TAREI)
- TAREI Certified Professional Inspector
- Member of the Texas Real Estate Commission Inspectors Advisory Committee
- American Society of Home Inspectors MEMBER #211910
- Certified Septic Inspector #112881 IC National Association of Waste Water Transportation, Inc (NAWT)